FAQ's: General

How do I get my login information to access the Riverwood website?

Residents new to Riverwood need to complete an information sheet at the RCA Office.  Within 24 hours you will receive your Website login - User Name is first initial last name and Password is last name first initial, all lowercase. (Example:  Jane Smith - User Name: jsmith and Password: smithj)  Once you log into the website, you can change your password.  Resident logins apply to only homeowners and long term renters (over 1 year).


How do I get my login information to access the GateHouse visitor registry?

You will receive a login for the GateHouse system after you complete an information sheet (the same process for getting your Riverwood website login.)  You will receive an email from the office with your GateHouse login - User Name is first initial last name and Password is riverwood (all lowercase).  (Example: Jane Smith  User Name: jsmith and Password: riverwood)  Once you log into the system, you can change your password. To simplify things, you can make your GateHouse password the same as your website password.  See Homeowners Information -> Vehicles in Riverwood (Click HERE) for more information.


Once I log into the Riverwood website, do I have to login again to register a guest?

Yes.  The website and the GateHouse application are different systems and at this time residents must log in separately to access the GateHouse system to register your guest.  You may find it easier to make your GateHouse password the same as your website password. 


Can I log into GateHouse directly to register my guest?

Yes.  You can go directly to GateHouse without logging into the RCA website by copying the following address into your search window:  https://gatelognine.com/riv_042/ 


Be sure to save this URL into your favorites so you can just click directly into Gatehouse each time you want to register a guest. 


Why should I use the online guest registry when I can just call the Guard House?

Riverwood has invested in a system called Gate House that allows you to go online hours, days, or weeks in advance to register your guests and contractors.  You have the ability to give your guests a longer visitor pass through the Gate House system than the guards at the gate.  Security Guards can only issue a 30 day pass with resident permission.  Gatehouse puts the resident in control of their visitor entry into the community. The system itself is easy to use and can be accessed by going online to the Riverwood website. (The initial hiccups that some residents encountered when the system first went live have been resolved.)  Using the online system frees up our Security Guards to focus on incoming visitors, contractors and vendors instead of fielding telephone calls, especially during the busy "in season" period.  If you want your guests to experience a smooth entry into Riverwood, we encourage you to use the Gate House system.   


I updated my personal profile information in the website.  Why do I also need to update the RCA office?

The system that runs the website does not interface (connect with) the RCA office system known as TOPS.  Updating your profile on the website enables other residents to view your most recent contact information via the online Riverwood resident address book.  Updating your resident information with the RCA office ensures that the main database is accurate for Riverwood-generated mailings and the annual Riverwood Directory. This is an important step in updating your address to assure you receive the official Riverwood mailings such as Election documents.  


Where can I get information about Registering my property as a Rental?

Governing documents for the Riverwood Community Association and the Incorporated Neighborhoods provide guidelines regarding rental properties in Riverwood.  Check out the Home Owners Information section of the website for moreinformation about Rental Property rules. CLICK HERE

What should I do if I am leaving Riverwood for an extended period of time?

When you leave Riverwood for morethan 30 days, residents are required to notify the RCA Office (Click HERE for Staff Directory) to make them aware of your departure and return dates, contact information for your home watch person, your destination address and phone number.  (Your alternate address is in the Riverwood computer system but it can only be activated with resident authorization.) Your official mail goes to the address where we have you located in the RCA system.  If you don’t notify us of your departure your official mailing may go to the wrong address (this is particularly important for Election and Budget mailings).   See Homeowners Information -> Leaving Riverwood for over 30 days by clicking HERE


Click HERE for a Florida Check List of tasks when leaving for an extended vacation or for the season.


When do I need a new vehicle identification sticker and barcode?


If you are new to Riverwood

If you have purchased a new vehicle

If you are using a rental car your bar code is turned off at the end of your stay. 


All resident-owned vehicles in Riverwood require a Green Heron sticker on the LEFT side of the windshield (for access thru left lane of front gate) and a Bar Code label on the  rear passenger window (to activate the automatic gates in Riverwood).  Each sticker and bar code label is linked to a specific vehicle. 


How do I get a vehicle identification sticker and barcode?

Barcode access to Riverwood is available for Riverwood Residents and Long Term (over 3 month) Renters.  Complete the RCCD Barcode Form (Click HERE) and return it to the Security Guard House with your vehicle registration and licence.  Security will affix the Heron sticker and bar code onto your vehicle.  Barcodes are activated within 24 hours of application. NOTE: Security will affix vehicle stickers and barcodes from 10AM to 2PM Monday through Thursday and 10AM to 1PM on Friday.  Barcodes will be deactivated on sale of home or at the end of the rental agreement.


What does Waste Management pick up on our trash/recycle day?

Every Monday, Waste Management willpick up the green roll out bins, the yellow recycle bins, "E-wasteitems" (think of electronic items with a plug), small furniture (a chair, an end table), and bundled, boxed or bagged landscape waste (pruning by owners).  Large bulk items (e.g. refrigerator) are not included as part of the regular weekly trash pick-up.


I have a large bulk item for trash disposal.  How do I get rid of it?

If you have a large bulk item (such as a refrigerator, mattress, or wall entertainment unit) you need to contact Waste Management to arrange for a 'Bulk Pickup' at your home.  Click HERE to access Waste Management online Bulk Pickup or call (941) 629-1106.  Residents may also take the item to the recycling center located at 19675 Kenilworth Blvd. (located off of Veteran's Blvd. in Port Charlotte or 7070 Environmental Way (located just before Home Depot en route to Englewood.)


What is a Modification Request?
In a deed-restricted Community like Riverwood, changes to the exterior of your home or to your landscaping may require an approval by the Modification Committee.  Riverwood has simplified the process of requesting a modification and created packets to assist you in making your request to the Committee.  There is more information about Modifications to your home or landscaping in the HomeOwners Information section of the website. CLICK HERE

Documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF format require the free Adobe Reader to view. If you don't have Adobe Reader already, you can Download it here


This site is a service of AtHomeNet | Mobile Site