Frequently Asked Questions

Landscape Maintenance
  • chevron_rightWhat does it mean to live in a maintained neighborhood?
    If you live in one of 14 single home RCA maintained neighborhoods, the RCA has contracted for landscape services for your neighborhood with Brightview Landscaping. This cost is included in the neighborhood fee portion of your HOA quarterly fees. Brightview Landscaping will provide the required services to maintain healthy and attractive landscaping for your home. Please understand that the Brightview crew members are not personal gardeners. If you live in an incorporated neighborhood (condo/villa) your management company has contracted with a landscape maintenance company to service your neighborhood.
New Home Owners
  • chevron_rightI just purchased a home in Riverwood. What do I do now?
    When you close on a home you will need to be sure a WARRANTY DEED is included in you paperwork. To get access to the Riverwood for the first time you will need to show the gate guards your WARRANTY DEED. It is very important that you come to the Riverwood Community Association Office after you have come thru the gate. The office staff will present you with a welcome packet that includes forms that must be completed to have access to the Community. 
  • chevron_rightHow do I get a ID badge and bar code?
    RFID Tags
    You may obtain a RFID Tag for your vehicle at the Gate House Monday and Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.   RFID Tags are activated within 24 hours of application.
    RFID Tags will be deactivated on sale of home or at the end of the rental agreement. 
    I.D. Badges
    I.D. Badges are needed for the usage of the pool a fitness center.
    You may obtain a I.D. Badge at the Gate House Monday and Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • chevron_rightCan I log into GateHouse directly to register my guest?
    Yes! Click here to go to the gatehouse site.
  • chevron_rightWhy should I use the online guest registry when I can just call the guard house?
    Riverwood has invested in a system called  that allows you to go online hours, days, or weeks in advance to register your guests and contractors.  You have the ability to give your guests a longer visitor pass through the Gate House system than the guards at the gate.  Security Guards can only issue a 30 day pass with resident permission.  Gatehouse puts the resident in control of their visitor entry into the community. Using the online system frees up our Security Guards to focus on incoming visitors, contractors and vendors instead of fielding telephone calls, especially during the busy "in season" period.  If you want your guests to experience a smooth entry into Riverwood, we encourage you to use the Gate House system.   
  • chevron_rightHow do I get my login information to access the GateHouse visitor registry?
    You will receive a login for the GateHouse system after you complete an resident information sheet.
    You will receive an email from the Guardshack with your GateHouse login.
    For registering your guests by phone: (844) 722-3235
  • chevron_rightWhen do I need a new RFID Tag?
    If you are new to Riverwood
    If you have purchased a new vehicle
    If you are using a rental car your RFID Tag is turned off at the end of your stay.
  • chevron_rightWhat should I do if I am leaving Riverwood for an extended period of time?
    When you leave Riverwood for more than 30 days, residents are required to notify the RCA Office to make them aware of your departure and return dates, contact information for your home watch person, your destination address and phone number.  (Your alternate address is in the Riverwood computer system but it can only be activated with resident authorization.) Your official mail goes to the address where we have you located in the RCA system.  If you don’t notify us of your departure your official mailing may go to the wrong address (this is particularly important for Election and Budget mailings).   See Homeowners Information -> Leaving Riverwood for over 30 days.
  • chevron_rightWhat is a Modification Request?
    In a deed-restricted Community like Riverwood, changes to the exterior of your home or to your landscaping may require an approval by the Modification Committee.  Riverwood has simplified the process of requesting a modification and created packets to assist you in making your request to the Committee.  There is more information about Modifications to your home or landscaping in the Home Owners Information section of the website.
  • chevron_rightWhere can I get information about registering my property as a Rental?
    Governing documents for the Riverwood Community Association and the Incorporated Neighborhoods provide guidelines regarding rental properties in Riverwood.  Check out the Home Owners Information section of the website for more information about Rental Property rules.
  • chevron_rightWhat does Waste Management pick up on our trash/recycle day?
    Every Monday, Waste Management will pick up the green roll out bins, the yellow recycle bins, "E-waste items" (think of electronic items with a plug), small furniture (a chair, an end table), and bundled, boxed or bagged landscape waste (pruning by owners).  Large bulk items (e.g. refrigerator) are not included as part of the regular weekly trash pick-up.
  • chevron_rightI have a large bulk item for trash disposal. How do I get rid of it?
    If you have a large bulk item (such as a refrigerator, mattress, or wall entertainment unit) you need to contact Waste Management to arrange for a 'Bulk Pickup' at your home.  Call Waste Management at  (941) 629-1106 to arrange pickup.  Residents may also take the item to the recycling center located at 19675 Kenilworth Blvd. (located off of Veteran's Blvd. in Port Charlotte or 7070 Environmental Way (located just before Home Depot en route to Englewood.)